When driving to or dropping off students at YULA, please adhere to the following community guidlines to ensure good relations with our neighbors.
1. According to the Conditional Use Permit (CUP) under which the school legally uses the property, no student, faculty or parent is allowed to park on the adjacent city streets.
2. Students, faculty and parents who park on the adjacent streets, even momentarily, are potentially placing the school in violation of our Conditional Use Permit.
3. The conditions of the CUP require all students to be dropped off and picked up only inside the Boys School parking lot. Do not drop your child off on the street outside of the school. If any condition is violated, YULA will assess the violator a fine of $50.00 for the first offense, $100.00 for the second offense. A third offense will result in the loss of driving privileges and/or dismissal from the school.
4. As you drive to and from the lot, please keep your voice and noise levels low so as not to disturb our neighbors. Also per our CUP, do not honk your horn at anytime.
5. For the safety and consideration of our neighbors, we are requesting that all traffic to and from the school should respect the speed limit. The speed limit is 25 miles per hour. Please also be courteous and cautious of the pedestrians walking in the neighborhood.
Guards from a professional security company are posted posted at YULA during the school week from 7 am through the evening. The school has closed circuit cameras located in multiple locations both exterior to and in the interior of the school. The campus is entirely enclosed with restrictive access at all times.